Saturday 4 December 2021

One Eyed Rufus fights the Britons

Dear and Revered Uncle Quintus,

Once again the local tribe of the Britons are rebelling.  A Century of the "Hispania" IX have gone north to quell them.  General Titus Piteous Anus has been clear that once again we are tasked to burn down the local villages, and the Tungrians are to support the Legionaries.  

My Centurion Rufus Phallus, a solid dependable fellow, was sent out with the third Century.  He is only too happy about the prospect of killing Germans.  This time I had to accompany him as far as the river and then, sensibly, returned to the main army camp.

Your Nephew
Dubious Figulous
Prefect 1st Tungrians

Forces
Centurion Rufus Phallus of "V" the Larks
Optio Felix Cattus of "V" the Larks
Two Groups of Legionaries
One Bolt thrower (Super Numerum)

The Romans march on in line, only two groups but I`m using this game as an Infamy refresher.

Shields up, Ready Pila...

I like to imagine I know what I`m doing...

On come the chariots.  Newline 20mm, and I like these a lot.  Not sure how effective I can make them however.

The Centurion gets his line sorted.

The nobles and heroes from those chariots get stuck in but are hopeless.  The Legionaries spank them.

The Romans reform lines.  Who's next?

And its the warbands turn.  Once again I get the pila throw right on.  The Celts are thrown back.

Not too much damage on the conversion.

Its a bounce for the Celts and they are damaged.

The legions go in, and its another massacre.

The warbands break.

I take a cheeky Scorpion shot at the Celtic General's unit!

Game over.  A decisive win for Rome.




No comments:

Post a Comment