Sunday 16 January 2022

10mm buildings project

 For my 1940 10mm game I needed a dozen or so new buildings to match the map I've had printed.  These small farms and town templates need to look the part so ots scratch building time.


 
The starting point was Artists mounting board, which is my go to heavy duty card for this sort of thing. The buildings and garden walls were easy enough to form, and my glue of choice is Uhu.  The garden areas get a little extra texturing.
The local model shop had an embossed card simulating tiled roofing and these were cut to shape, glued on after rhe walls had a dark grey colour.  I didn't have time to add thinner card as window shutters and doors, but thats one for the future.

Some lighter browns as paths and darker with sand added in for the gardens came next, with clump foliage dabbed here and there and glued down with pva.

Still need finishing off but I made something like six templates and a similar number of individual buildings with the game giving me time pressure.  Pleased so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment