Friday 27 October 2023

Patrols on the Veldt

Peter Pig's Patrols in the Sudan with a simple adaptation for the Boer War.

The Imperial column advances on.  Its the Queens Own North Lancs.  My Natal scouts scatter to get a look into the terrain.

This is later in the game.  The native huts are my objective.  I've cleared and scouted five terrain pieces, but the Boer have taken a toll.  I switched the Blood and Steel mechanisms about half way in.

The Lancs are among the tall grass, and surrounded.  

And essentially the same shot as I lose to the Boer rifles.

The Imperials lost two groups, but somehow saved their scouts.  

Need to look at randomly generating the Boer appearances.

I've gone for 3, 2, 1 basing and Perry Plastics for the Imperials.  The Boer are Perry metals.  Not a great performance but an enjoyable solo game.  I will be considering raising a Mounted Infantry company to take on these Boer.


No comments:

Post a Comment