Sunday 15 October 2017

The Red Duke Invades


My Imagi-Nations Red vs Blue game kicked off with a first battle this weekend, I didn`t finish it yet. This is mainly because General d`Armee has ninety pages of rules, before you get to the Optional rules.  I`m not used to this sort of complication.  in fact they are almost as complicated as Post Captain.  (But I mastered that so...)

The Ferdinand, the Red Duke, General of the Armies of Cinnabaria, or Das Rot, had once again invaded the grand Duchy of the Blau.  (I`m using my brigadier No 5 figure for him since I seem to be lacking a Red CinC)

My game map shows the location of the fighting, which just happens to be on the Meckel Kriegspiel map.

The Red are attacking into the Blau, and the Blue Count has mustered a Divisional sized force to deal with them.  The Red Force includes an allied Jager brigade from the Green, and a brigade of the Red Guards.  The Blues have a more unified force of twelve battalions in three brigades.

The fighting occurs to the north of Grossmalle.  The Red Duke has garrisoned the farm at Gut Hohenhof with a battalion of Green Jager, and his line runs roughly behind this position, with the Guards and his heavy Dragoons behind GrossMalle itself.  

As the Red forces close in on the Blue Division the Count releases his right flank brigade up the hill with a "Forwards" order.

Unfortunately the Red Guards have refused orders and are "Hesitant."  With the Artillery opening fire I left the game for now.

The System of using ADCs to deliver orders and allow re-rolls of the command roll works really well. (Its just that the Red Guards threw a one, twice!  Could it be that their commander is an upper class twit?)  

I`m still working through the rules, but so far so good.  











One of the Blue Brigades is in an On table Reserve behind the hill and woods.  This may be the critical side of this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment