Thursday 22 November 2018

Reinforcements for the Bishop's War

Using a few spare "Call to Arms" 54mm ECW figures I have added to my En Gardé setup.  These figures rely heavily on Parliamentary Pikemen, but once again the weapons I need are mainly swords to fit with the ethos of the game.


I started with arm and head swaps, and shaped wooden swords.



 Some filler goes a long way to hide the gaps.



 This guy will be "Poins" and has a longsword and sack bottle at arm's length.

Undercoating in Burnt Umber, bases are poker chips

The feathery Sir Toby Belch.  I worked on that handguard after this was taken.

Young Pikey, with his half pike.

Poins offering the sack around.  His handguard needed fixing too.

Catch, demonstrating the hand on hip "Mincing" style of fencing.

Fowler with his double barrel birdgun.  Some highlighting needed on this boy.

The Swordsman and duelist Rathbone.

Name tags going on top of sand coloured textured basing.
And the finished figures...

And three of Captain Quilp the smuggler's crew: left to right... the powerful Foreman, and the decidedly dodgy Master Bates and Seaman Staines

Sir Toby Belch and his men, Catch and Pikey.

Rathboné and his men, Poins and Fowler.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. Quilp's boys don't look too bad once painted. I'll have to paint mine now. Pity I can't remember where I got them from - must be the cheapest figures on the market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ripping stuff, Sir. Alas, I may never be able to play these rules again. The last experience was just too horrendous.... basically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's high time this was sorted out. En Gardé is a gentlemanly game, where honour is at stake. If I am running it no rules are allowed at or near the table, and my word and interpretation is the only one allowed. I tell you what you need to roll. Or it's a duel Sir!
      My choice of weapons,baguettes in 6 feet of water.

      Delete