Tuesday 31 August 2021

The Great Colonial Rebase of 2021

I think I am to blame. Mid game, as Mr Babbage's Dervish hordes descended on our expeditionary forces it suddenly occurred to me that whilst the Natives were 3,2,1 based my regulars were not.  I pointed out the very cool basing of the camel Corps,  lead by that stalwart officer, Captain the honorable Quincy, and then "My guys would look much better on dusty bin bases," I think I said that out loud.  

To my consternation Doctor Pea agreed.  It's a huge task and it's taken me all weekend, but finally I'm done.  The Dervish have gone onto 5, 3, 1 basing, my Regulars into pairs with a few spare figures to use as replacement for casualties, and goodness knows I have spares.

The 11th Rajputs - 3 companies

The 10th Hussars - 2 Squadron's

Royal Artillery - 1 Nordenfelt, 1 mountain battery screw gun, 1 9 pdr gun, all with crew.  Mules, limbers and horses

The North Lancasters - 1 Company

Heliograph team, Commissary wagon, water carts.

Nile Gunboat,  12 Naval crew, 9 pdr pom pom and Maxim gun.

(The Gurka company was not re based,  nor were the Queens Own Minifigs battalion, both of whom I intend to use for skirmish games) 

The Dervish

My Dervish are largely Ansar "Fuzzy Wuzzies," the cavalry/ camelry Arab and Bedouin and the riflemen Ruga ruga.  To my shame these are still Nubians lurking among the Dervish but they fight just as effectively so for now they stay there.

6 groups of fierce tribal foot

3 groups of Irregular riflemen

1 group tribal cavalry

1 group tribal camelry

1 fleet of Nile feluccas 



 










No comments:

Post a Comment