Tuesday 12 April 2022

The Return of the Zulu

I've upgraded my Zulu core force to eight warbands, scratch built in 2mm scale and virtually cost free.  The 24th foot remain at six Companies and an artillery battery.

I'm also using a new battle map I had locally printed on card, cost €10.

The solo Mr. Babbage system commands the Zulu and I'm using Men who would be Kings, with casualty dice to denote losses.

Sir Garnet advances as the Zulu begin to pop up.  I gave Garnet two turns before the Solo mechanisms kicked in.

The Zulu charge home

But the bayonets of the 24th throw them back, just...

Getting dicey

The Zulu don't close in and the 24th give effective fire knocking them down.

But my thin red line is teetering

Yet the fire put down keeps the Zulu at bay long enough to make it clear that I'm winning

Take that Babbage!  Colonialism wins another shameful battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment