Tuesday 6 February 2024

The assault on Bumfleur

 The English have landed at Bumfleur and Lord Farandole needs the town as a base to begin his recovery of the County of Pigourdy.

All looks quiet.  I used the contour of the stream on my battle mat as the moat.

A view of the walls.  Looks like A tough nut.

The English screen the storming party of men at arms with their archers.

It's a long approach

Up to the hedgerows and my archers draw. 

Five nines, five hits.  Four kills.  A new one for me!

And a devastating five fatigue on the crossbowmen.

Even my pavisiers can't protect the crossbows from those deadly longbows

With the crossbows down my storming party rush forward. 

And I arrowstorm the French Men at Arms on the walls.

I use a reroll favour.  Four casualties.

The defence is looking weak now.

And finally my Men at Arms take the walls

The hero shot!

Good game.  My first siege for a long time.  Probably my favourite period to game.


No comments:

Post a Comment