Wednesday 11 May 2016

Reinforcing the Bhuna

My order from Caliver arrived in Cyprus yesterday, the Minifigs I needed to boost the numbers of my India 1780s game.  Nice figures with properly long bayonets.  The Native forces I`ve recruited add to the Bhuna`s militia regiments, poorly trained and quickly raised to front his revolt against the hated British.

 
The Forces of the Bhuna of Dahl.

Mercifully I also took the opportunity to update my skirmishers, basing them on pennies and the Militia on one cents sized washers.

I also came up with three different basing systems.  The first is a recessed base, the second a tray using metal strips and magnetic basing, the third a simple strip using magnetic dots holding onto the washers.  All three have advantages.

One good thing about these figures is that I can also use them to represent a French Trained Regiment by just taking two figures from each group and placing them on bases of 8.  I have enough spares so that I would then create 4 groups of regulars out of these.

The more traditionally based 2nd Madras are much closer ordered than this.  They actually take up almost exactly half the space, but I decided to use them with a pair of figures representing one Sepoy.  It sounds odd but it actually looks Ok.

I did intend to rebase the Sepoys but...





Maybe not...











Another week's painting and I will have the Typhoo Sultan's regulars complete, including the dreaded Tiger Guards commanded by Randi`s uncle Ram Bham.

Then I will have to make a start on terrain, and finish off the 2nd Madras!

No comments:

Post a Comment