Monday 1 April 2019

28mm Blood and Plunder:An Evening out in Rumtown

Once again pirate Captains Fat Errol and Rathboné de Mayonnaise are squabbling on the Île de la Gros Garçon, "Fat Boy Island."   In 28mm I am using 100 point forces and some of the units are correspondingly small.  This is a first outing for the 28mm boys.

To generate my forces I used the Force Builder at  http://easyarmy.bloodandplunder.com/  Only one Commander is used per Force, Errol is Untested, Rathboné is Experienced.   

The Citizens of James' Port on the "Île de la Gros Garçon" have done very nicely thank-you from the proceeds of piracy.  However the English Governor, Sir Andrew Appleton, has only a dozen or so Militia to keep the peace. 

When the French Buccaneer Rathboné de Mayonnaise brings an English prize into the small and lawless port of Rumtown on the east coast, Governor Appleton sends the Sloop Nancy under the "Privateer" Fat Errol to recapture the prize and bring it into the capital to split the plunder. 


Somewhere in Rumtown the defrocked Priest Father Louis de Pénis is also waiting, with his own group of Mission Carib Indians and the local Rumtown Militia, intent on getting a share of the loot.

English Buccaneers

English Buccaneer Commander Untested @ 0
4 Forlorn Hope @ 28
4 Freebooters @ 24
7 Sea Dogs Core Unit, Trained @ 28 "The Nancy Boys"*
1 Brigantine  @ 16 + 2 Swivel guns @4
Total Points: 100      

French Buccaneers

French Buccaneer Commander Experienced @ 15
4 Flibustiers @24
1 Longboat @ 3 x Add swivel gun 2
1 Longboat @ 3 x Add swivel gun 2

The Rumtown Militia
7 Militia Arquebusiers @14
5  Missionary Caribs. (Musket armed) @25

If anyone feels offense at my use of the term "Nancy boys," I would only point out that both my brother and myself are on thin ice here since our Mum's name is actually Nancy... although I would also point out that Nancy is a city in France and that supporters of the Football team AS Nancy share that thin ice.  

Rumtown in all its glory
French Buccaneer Rathboné de Mayonnaise and his men

The slightly out of focus boozy Rumtown militia.  Perhaps its the drink!  Perhaps I should game sober!

I numbered my cards and added activation points for the various troop types.
The English close in and receive an ineffectual volley from the Militia.  As expected of these boys really.

Once again the English Buccaneers win Initiative
And its a combat, which routs the Rumtown militia.
As the Militia are chased back down the road, with seven fatigue points they are pretty much done.
The Buccaneers first mate leads the pursuit.

Rathbone takes a shot at the approaching English
Finally Father Penis decides to get moving.  The Mission Caribs creep around the walls of Rumtown

The massacre of the Militia.  Actually I think I like the idea of the boozy Rumtown Militia faction so I may develop them.

The Buccaneers break into Rumtown. 

A fierce fight in the town
But once again (Narrowly) the English Buccaneers get the high card..
The First mate of the Nancy and his Sea Dogs win the day.  Fat Errol nowhere in sight!


First mate Billy Bones, wins the day.
And by the time Fat Errol finally turns up Billy has won the girl as well.  Should Errol be worried?
I need to work on my knowledge of these rules, although this was an enjoyable game.  I`m also only too aware of the 30 or so figures I have yet to paint.  Its an ongoing project but I think it has some mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment