Thursday 10 February 2022

6mm, the one true scale

After a really enjoyable game of Scottorum Malleus using my 6mm Feudals I dug deeper into the 6mm box file. (yes just the one box file, part of the attraction of 6mm is storage)  I found some unpainted Parthians and quickly brought them up to scratch, and although the Irregular Minis figures are not great, the Heroics and Ross that make up the bulk of these are fine.

The Celts and Macedonians are also mainly heroics and Ross, and I'm perfectly happy with the figures.

My Romans on the other hand are Baccus and are just superb figures.  All in all then I'm quite pleased with the figures, and the 40mm frontage given I have enough to double rank all of these element bases for Lost Battles.

The Parthians.  Six Cataphract, five (five?) Veteran horse archers, 14 Average horse archers and a couple of Generals individually based.  I've obviously lost an element of those horrid Irregular Minis horse archers somewhere.
The might of Rome.  30 Legionary elements, 4 Cavalry, and they could borrow some skirmishers from the Gauls.  It's such a big army it could be halved to fight the Civil Wars.
And the Celts.  Half an army really.  I need another pack of warband foot, probably Rapier Miniatures.  4 chariot elements,  8 Cavalry, 8 warband.  Ive mustered a lot of skirmish foot here to bulk the army up to 24 foot elements, but it's clearly coming up short.

The Macedonians, 12 Pike elements doubled into 6 Pike blocks, 3 elephant bases, 4 Cavalry elements and a pair of slingers.

And my terrain for 6mm Ancients.  A complete middle Eastern city, a barbarian or Medieval style village and the tents for a Roman Marching Fort.  

And that is my collection of Ancients at the one true scale of 6mm.  I just dont know what rules to use or what to do with them, although I'm pretty sure inspiration will strike!

No comments:

Post a Comment