Saturday 26 March 2022

2mm Colonial armies

 A scratch build project.  Basically I'm going Redcoats and Zulu.

Starting with 40mm mdf basing, I used cork shapes glued into place.

Covered with filler, and then stippled. 

A black undercoat, followed by horizontal stripes, blue, red, flesh and white for the redcoats.  Vertical white for the Zulu shields, with black dots to pattern.

I will get the labels properly printed, but these three bases are my prototypes.

And that's Phase one complete.  The bigger Impi bases for phase 2 are just behind here.

The 24th Foot, or six Companies of them anyway.  I'm quite pleased with the result, but the artillery piece is far too big. 

I'll get these on table in a game to see how they look, but I have high hopes for them!






No comments:

Post a Comment