Sunday 13 May 2018

Peninsular War: 2nd Battalion Régiment de Westphalic

My final unit for the Napoleonics is a single group of Westphalian Infantry.  These will be the  2nd battalion Régiment de Westphalic, created in 1806  for German soldiers whose regiments no longer existed after Napoleon’s conquest.   

 
The Commander of this unit is Leutnant Bodo von Wießmehr (hated brother of our heroic and mercuiral Rifles Captain) and recruits have been drawn from his native Cleves as well as Münster and Minden.



These worthies are the remains of my French sprues, and will double nicely as Spaniards.

It is a ten figure unit so will initially be unenthusiastic Militia.   I`ve left myself room to add another two eight man units to these by using the drummer and standard bearer to make them up to ten here.  I`ll probably do that because I like these guys.

Then again, with Bodo for an Officer there is probably good reason to be unenthusiastic. 





No comments:

Post a Comment