Friday 5 November 2021

Hoplites in Cyprus Game Three

Bellendus has landed on the coast of Cyprus, at an enemy city.  He smells loot.  Near a sacred spring he commandeers a goatherd's hut, and the prettiest goat.  The ships are only lightly garrisoned.  Next morning the enemy attack.

The field of Ares.  Bellendus ships have landed and his men are raiding.

A light garrison holds the ships.


Bellendus the Strategos emerges from a goatherd's hut, whistling a happy tune.    

The lines are drawn up.

Bellendus has the better quality troops, but he is outnumbered.

My light Cavalry go forward and are absolute rubbish.

And my Strategos is isolated as the battle begins on the left.

The Greek cavalry are absolute shite.

The enemy cavalry on the other hand prove very effective.

The spear push.  Its brutal.

My drilled hoplites run away

But finally my Strategos gets into the fight.

More running away.

Only the Strategos unit left alive.  Somehow he survives the discipline rolls.

But not the fight.  Bellendus is down.  My Elite Hoplites flee.

Bellendus is captured.  He is ransomed back to his city.  I`m surprised they want him.

Great game with some hard fighting and although my whole army was swept away very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment